You are warmly invited to get involved in our work. There are several ways you can do this.
- First, you can become a member. Dues are only $10 per year ($15 for couples).
- Or, you can come out and help on a workday. You do not have to be a member for this. Simply click on the Activities button on the left for the next workdays and show up!
- If you choose to give monetary support, we are grateful for any donations. Money will be used to purchase tools and supplies for use by the volunteers, or for educational materials for children. “Friends” is committed to educating children about stewardship of natural resources. Teach them early and you have created lifelong friends of nature. “Friends” is a 501c3 tax exempt organization. All contributions are tax deductible. Send contributions to 9115 Major, Morton Grove , IL 60053 .
We will have soon a Paypal account which will make the money transfer much easier.
- Another way you can get involved is to let our state legislators know that you are interested in their support of legislation that favors preserving our natural heritage. Such programs are:
- The Illinois Conservation – 2000 program, which provides technical assistance and grants to ecosystem partnerships, which are comprised of private landowners, business, scientists, environmental organizations, outdoor enthusiasts and policy makers. Currently 41 partnerships cover more than 84 percent of Illinois . (Click here to log on this website)
- Illinois Open Space Land Acquisition and Development Fund, which provides grants to park districts, forest preserves, conservation districts and municipalities to fund local land acquisitions and the development of park and forest preserve district facilities. (Click here to log on this website)